General
5 Must-Watch Medical Documentaries

5 Must-Watch Medical Documentaries

Shared by:

From ER to Scrubs to Grey’s Anatomy, medical dramas have always been a big hit amongst viewers. If you are a doctor, nurse or personnel working in healthcare however, you would know that the real “drama” goes beyond what viewers can see on their TV screens.

today.mims.com

21 Aug 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto I totally agree that some of these documentaries should be shown on mainstream television. They could really be enlightening for the public and help people have a better perspective on the medical and health care scene. And yes, BBC does make great docus about much any topic. Marinelle Castro Very interesting...
 (Total 122 words)
Among these documentaries, I’ve seen some episodes of “The English Surgeon”. Although I was not able to finish it, I know this is a good documentary. Henry Marsh is a retiring neurosurgeon from England and he went to Ukraine because a lot of people are untreated for various neurosurgical diseases. It surprised me that some parts of Ukraine do not even have access to medical care, let alone a hospital. Dr Marsh had to bring his own instruments and sterilize them in the old-fashioned way just to b...
 (Total 132 words)
Oh I haven't seen any of these. I will find them and download. For me the best documentaries I've seen are of BBC. They make amazing docus. I think these documentaries should be shown in local tv too, every once in a while, so that people can learn from it. I mean, I know you can find these on cable, but not everyone has access to it. Many of these will be very good to watch by anyone---whether you are in healthcare profession or not. For instance, the documentary about the "Rise of...
 (Total 173 words)
I haven't watched any of these medical documentaries mentioned in the article. But as a nurse with Dementia background, I have been more interested with documentaries with Dementia subject and elderly care. In UK alone, BBC has had few documentaries in the care of elderly and Dementia. There is this one documentary entitled, Panorama Undercover Elderly Care and you can see what happens behind closed doors of people residing in a care home. I'm not saying this is applicable to every care ...
 (Total 137 words)
We've talked about medical movies and books; and if there are some of you who like documentaries, here are some of them in the medical field. Though I guess we know what goes on behind the scenes in hospitals and other medical settings, these documentaries may give us a fresh perspective about being in the medical or health care field. Also, these documentaries may also be a good thing to show to other people, like medical or health care students. I checked on Youtube and some of them, like ...
 (Total 118 words)