General
Diving into the world of plastic surgery

Diving into the world of plastic surgery

Shared by:

The field of plastic, cosmetic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery is commonly misinterpreted as an area revolving around vanity only. When you think plastics you think boob jobs (breast augmentation) or tummy tucks (Abdominoplasty). It is more than just merely making someone look good.

today.mims.com

22 Aug 2016 - General

Actually, The scope of plastic surgery goes far beyond fixing the psychological image. In many cases, it can be life-saving. Cases like cleft palate and other congenital anomalies are subjects to plastic surgeons periodically. Corrective and reconstructive surgeries share the major part of the plastic surgery field apart from the aesthetic market. The direct impact seen on such cases is astonishing provided that the intervention is performed ideally in the appropriate time. These cases include c...
 (Total 118 words)
Virgilio Montero: All procedures come with risks which need to be clearly explained to the patient before undergoing them. There is no wrong in choosing to undergo plastic surgery work. The patient just needs to know all the facts which is why the procedures are done by specialized surgeons. Maria Cristina Inserto: That must've...
 (Total 123 words)
One time one my best friends got a plastic surgeon boyfriend and a dinner with "us girls" turned into a consultation session. We were all asking about rates for various procedures. We were going crazy and he was explaining everything to us. Anyway, it's nice to count the many things you want to change in your body. I can look at my face alone and count a few things i want altered/refined but I know that I will never get to point of actually doing it. I will forever fantasize, but I...
 (Total 157 words)
Whether any medical procedure is carried our by a quack or a very professional surgeon there are always huge risks involved. Perhaps we should impose a large levy on the cosmetic clinics to cover the costs to the public system of correcting the problems that they create.If private health insurance covers any of these procedures we should seriously look at how we can prevent tax payer health insurance rebates from this type of service. At the same time we should withdraw tax payer subsidies on he...
 (Total 169 words)
Given the reason topic I posted on a liposuction (https://community.mims.com/general/11096/liposuction-gone-wrong-widower-sues-doctor-clinic-and-company-to-seek-damages?commentid=7fafa78b-99b5-4253-b5b6-a60277629fa3#7fafa78b-99b5-4253-b5b6-a60277629fa3) here is an article that dwells into the world of plastic surgery and attempts to give us a different perspective. The field of Plastics tends to be highly critcized and even frowned upon. The fact that it doesn't directly save a patient's...
 (Total 118 words)