General
Nurses: How to save for your future

Nurses: How to save for your future

Shared by:

A majority of people spend a large portion of their income on their current lifestyle such as food, drinks, hobbies and travel, to make them and their family happy. However, the big question is how much should be spent today and how much more should be kept aside for future planning and spending.

today.mims.com

24 Aug 2016 - General

Kathleen Peralta Haha yes exactly human as we are, we tend not to be contented. So as the law applies, the law of demand and supply. Wherein if we have enough supplies, we tend to demand even more. It's a skill to be developed over time I guess. No one is born to be that expert in budgeting. Everyone needs to undergo the worst scenarios before realizing that we need to do this and that. Going to malls are ve...
 (Total 155 words)
Alan Rosmadi: "Moral of the story is live within your means, and you will never go wrong."- Exactly! There are countless people I have met who are trying to spend money for standards they clearly cannot afford. The spend thousands on luxury items and end up owing so much money. Of course we should splurge every now and then to at least enjoy our earnings but we should splurge wisely. I will save up for ...
 (Total 143 words)
Usually first of all when i get my salary, i clear my bills, set aside the amount i intend to save for the month, set aside money for the things i want to do (eg, holidays, buying a new car, etc) and the remaining will be my expenditure power throughout the month. If it is $2000 for the month, good for me, although it can be as low as $200 for the month, life has to go on. and you need to know that savings will end up helping you when you are in need. I know friend who earn US$20 000 a month and...
 (Total 210 words)
Usually first of all when i get my salary, i clear my bills, set aside the amount i intend to save for the month, set aside money for the things i want to do (eg, holidays, buying a new car, etc) and the remaining will be my expenditure power throughout the month. If it is $2000 for the month, good for me, although it can be as low as $200 for the month, life has to go on. and you need to know that savings will end up helping you when you are in need. I know friend who earn US$20 000 a month and...
 (Total 210 words)
 (Total 210 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan As you mentioned, if you reach the so-called "contentment stage" it can help spending within your limits. To be honest, I doubt this as human being are insatiable and will always want for more. Probably being able to discipline one self and knowing how to save/invest would help. Thank you for posting this article as this reminded the readers, not just nurses to go low on unnecessar...
 (Total 102 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Yes exactly, one should think budget as a sensible diet. But for us Filipinos I just don't know because most of my friends are such impulsive buyers. I think it is a normal action for an individual to spend sometimes on things that they don't know. It could be that before they are not that privilege enough to have the things they needed or wants. It's also a matter of contentment, that...
 (Total 118 words)
This is a well-written article. Actually, this is the first financial article I have read that factored in human emotion. Happiness and sadness are very powerful human emotions that can push a person into emotional spending. I loved the fact that the article is more flexible in terms of spending as compared to the very rigid structures I have seen before. Priscilla Mae Gobuyan , thank you for sharing this fantast...
 (Total 129 words)
Money, money, money. Oh how to save and spend our money wisely?! Such a simple word yet difficult to handle. Not just nurses but I guess everyone has this very goal to keep in mind while working, how to save? Each individual has different needs and priorities in life. Some of which are their family, sending their younger siblings to school, paying some medical expenses for their parents and some just saving for theirselves and future usage. Now this is a simple yet useful article for each and ev...
 (Total 344 words)