General
Beauty 101 for busy nurses: 8 secret to give you that glow

Beauty 101 for busy nurses: 8 secret to give you that glow

Shared by:

Working in a stressful profession as a nurse often takes a toll on your skin but it is still important to appear well-groomed every time you start your shift. It shows others that you look after yourself and makes your patients more comfortable.

today.mims.com

25 Aug 2016 - General

I like to see how some nurses take the effort to look and smell pleasant at work. Haha.. I not only shows how tidy and neat they are but also demonstrates professionalism in their career. This article though is meant for female nurses. Let's look into the male nurses. 1) Trim those disgusting fingernails! 2) Try out a neater hairstyle to portray that professional look 3) iron your clothes for goodness sake! 4) Shave if you have to (don't leave those whiskers and look like a cat) 4) Use d...
 (Total 141 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto: my "being creative" with my hair is putting it up in a sock bun or braiding it hehe. I always wore my hair long. The shortest it has ever been was shoulder length. I like to call the "bob" the "pixie" cut. Go ahead and rock that pixie do! :) I agree with the shortcuts. Smart move with wearing curlers in your car drive to work. :) For putting on make-up I really...
 (Total 155 words)
Jennifer Winter yes exactly. I think we need to master the art of serving ourselves first before other should also be included in the steps. How can we serve better to others if our own personal needs we can't even cater? The sad irony of being a nurse and/or most of the health care providers. "Patients first" indeed. But having this in mind let us not forget that we are also human beings, that also...
 (Total 82 words)
"Be creative with your hair". I think this is a funny advice. But speaking of this, I have just decided to be creative with my hair. Well, a month ago actually. I've always had long hair---I've always taken good care of my hair. But just one day I said, I want to chop it off and now I have a bob. And I'm so happy about it---so I guess the article is right because it giving your hair some change shakes your world a little. For instance, I wear "curlers" on my drive...
 (Total 184 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan totally understandable to not having the time to drink enough water or even pee. Its that feeling "let me finish all this then I will pee." The urge to pee and need to drink should be enough priority but we choose to prioritize work over our basic needs. Hydrating makes a large difference as we won't be young forever and aging shall catch up with us. We are what we eat is anoth...
 (Total 171 words)
Oh gosh! I really need to force myself to drink plenty of water by now. Not just replace it by increasing intake of coffee but water would be great to keep us glow! We can really never give what we don't have. We need to start from within and when the effects is applicable within ourselves, we can easily radiate it with others. Hydration must be really placed on top above of everybody else. During my 12 hour shift, I seldom get to drink water and sometimes I even forgot to pee. I only get to...
 (Total 299 words)
My mantra is hydrate and moisturize. This article works for any health care professional as we should all appear to be well-groomed and presentable. It is exceptionally difficult to deal with what you look like when you are juggling other tasks of greater priority. I remember back in nursing school we were told that we were not allowed to wear make-up in the hospital. Back then this didn't matter to me as I was in my teens and didn't care for make-up. This was of greater concern for my o...
 (Total 241 words)