General
New insulin pill could make diabetes treatment 'painless' - Times of India

New insulin pill could make diabetes treatment 'painless' - Times of India

Shared by:

US scientists have developed an oral method of administering insulin that can be a less painful alternative to millions of people worldwide with diabetes who have to inject themselves with the drug to manage their blood-sugar levels.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

25 Aug 2016 - General

Theekshana Abayawickrama I agree that this could potentially address the inconvenience of bringing syringes and bringing coolers for medicine of diabetic patients whenever they need to go out or travel. It is also painful to inject these medicines as the route is subcutaneous. I hope that the crafty packaging of arranging lipids in spheres will really protect the insulin from degrading in the stomach. I wonder if ...
 (Total 125 words)
My aunt suffers from Insulin dependant diabetes mellitus, so I know how much of a pain it is to have insulin shots everyday. It is not just the pain and discomfort that comes along with insulin therapy. They have to be extra cautious with everything they do in their everyday life. As soon as a patient gets an insulin injection, he need to have a meal or he can get hypoglycemic. And you need to remember to bring your insulin syringe wherever you go and remember to get the injections without missi...
 (Total 118 words)