General
Carcinogenic caramel colouring found in soy sauce samples: Hong Kong watchdog

Carcinogenic caramel colouring found in soy sauce samples: Hong Kong watchdog

Shared by:

A possible human carcinogen, 4-methylimidazole (4-MEI) has been found in 11 out of 40 soy sauce samples tested by the Hong Kong Consumer Council. This substance is thought to cause cancer when consumed in large amounts.

today.mims.com

25 Aug 2016 - General

It seems like the problem stems from the companies trying to bypass natural brewing process to lessen production cost and make more money. This money-making process at the expense of the general population's health has become more common. What has this world come to in the field of business? Good thing to know that this chemicals would actually require 3 liters of soy sauce consumption for it to be considered carcinogenic. Our kidneys would first break down before we could have daily consump...
 (Total 136 words)
I don't think I consume 3 liters of soy sauce in a day. Who consumes 2 liters of soy sauce in a day? This is very good to know though because many of Filipino and Asian dishes really use soy sauce. We are soy sauce continent. We live in a world where carcinogens are coming at us from all directions. The truth is that all these things can be quite alarming but then, you realize a lot of people lived their lives okay in the last few years. Now we're being warned about soy sauce. But I gues...
 (Total 120 words)