General
Nurses: Here’s how to rid yourself of those dark eye circles

Nurses: Here’s how to rid yourself of those dark eye circles

Shared by:

Getting dark circles under our eyes happens to anyone from time to time and especially for busy nurses, particularly those working night shifts. Understand the causes and ways to get rid of those unwanted dark circles around your eyes below.

today.mims.com

26 Aug 2016 - General

Having dark circles aren't surprising for us health care providers. It is also applicable to all professions and almost everyone who's deprived of the above mentioned items such as bad habits, lack of rest and dehydration are just one of the reasons. We can really never avoid seeing health care providers without this dark circles because we get to work without taking short power naps for a 12 hour night shift. Lucky you are if you only have 1 night shift along with 2 day time shift prior...
 (Total 207 words)
This article is really for me! Well, almost all of my freinds told me i'm having these baggy dark eye circles. The reasons mentioned above is really true. For I experienced all of it. Lately, i tried using facial mask and cucumber placed on my eyes.. It is really relaxing and as what i experienced, it hydrates my face well. And somehow makes me looks fresh. Haha. And may I add that having a good diet or rather lets say a healthy diet is helpful. Aside from sunscreen, hydration, and rest; Is...
 (Total 120 words)
Awesome article. I have dark circles but it is not so obvious. But the thing was i was offered to do fillers to reduce the dark circles. Sound interesting and maybe i will consider trying. Cause looking at the job and shifts i am doing, these dark circles would never go away. What we actually need is more rest and exercise. Even though i work 3-4 days a week, i find it hard to fit in 1 hour of exercise a day. on my off days i usually go for holidays and relax. Even so, i still do not get enough ...
 (Total 163 words)
Health care professionals do not have time for the most important factor that can reduce dark eye circles - quality rest. It's great to read that hydration was mentioned because this is a factor that has always been overlooked. Increasing water intake and reducing caffeine intake (decreases diuretic effect of caffeine) can help the skin look younger and healthier. Wearing sunscreen and sunglasses would not only prevent dark circles but also early onset of wrinkles at the corner of the eyes t...
 (Total 122 words)
There are alway other ways to get rid of those unsightly eye bags.

And it's a comprehensive method to do it.
1. Requires a change of lifestyle
2. More sleep (at least 7-hours of REM Sleep, not being unable to sleep or waking up every 2h)
3. More Water consumption, how does half your body weight in pounds, in ounces of water sound. (eg. if you weigh 140-pounds, you drink 70-ounces of water, that's slightly more than 2 Liters of Water; I did not say Coke, Coffee, nor G...
 (Total 351 words)
Once my bestfriend asked me to go to her cousin derma and we both had lunchtime peels. The dermatologist asked, you want a cream for "dark undereye" and I laughed and said, "It's okay". Every now and then, however, I would think about it and wonder if I should. A blogger friend who is also a magazine editor gave me garnier eye serum before. She said of all beauty products to care for, eye stuff is the most important. I didn't even finish the stick. I think it dried up...
 (Total 127 words)
Yes, I will agree with Alex Ngai that having sufficient and enough sleep is not easily achievable for the nurses and healthcare professional. Sometime, prolonged hours of work, shift work, and endless paper works after work can delay the sleeping time to around 1 to 2 am. In addition of day to day work, there are the need to do some extra research and courses (to improve CV for career advancement), which can agai...
 (Total 116 words)
Having dark eye circles is quite common, but some people do get bother with it. I am sure most of us do experience dark eye circle after few days of long shift, with minimal or lack of sleep in between. Sleep deprivation is an important factor contributing to dark eye circles, other modifiable causes like stress, significant alcohol consumption, smoking can also contribute to dark eye circles. From my experience, having a good relaxing time, and getting a good night sleep with sufficient hours o...
 (Total 112 words)