General
How Safe Is Your Tattoo Ink?

How Safe Is Your Tattoo Ink?

Shared by:

Before you get that dolphin tattooed on your ankle or "Mom" on your bicep, be warned: The ink used in tattoos may be harmful -- even years later.

www.webmd.com

28 Aug 2016 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who braved the house of Whang-od. It is interesting that they even seek guidance with pig sacrifice to confirm if the tattoo procedure is meant to happen. That is very tribal. With rituals like that and being the last person to do indigenous tattoo, a Whang-od tattoo must cause a fortune. As for your pain medications, It would be possible to take som...
 (Total 135 words)
Mark Edmon Tan haha thanks doctor. I hope I can still be a witness to her goodness in the said field. My friends have their tattoos and they said the worth is all worth it. haha. Now this really scares me, can I drink loads of pain medications and topical anesthetic agents too? Haha. I am also hoping that I won't be that susceptible to infections. I wonder what happened to those who got her tattoo, was there ...
 (Total 155 words)
@Priscilla Mae Gobuyan]m Oh yes. The famous Whang-od, the last indigenious tattoo artist that is known as mambabatok. Her technique uses thorns of trees to infuse the ink to the skin. You better hurry though as she is approaching 100 years old. haha I think she used to visit the metropolis once a year a few years back. Now, you have to travel all the way north. There is no way in the world that the procedure is sterile or up to par with international standards. I must admit that she is very good...
 (Total 138 words)
Yeah, I like that proposal post some potential health complications after acquiring a tattoo in each tattoo shops. Just like in cigarettes, most of the boxes nowadays are being labeled with different diseases that you can acquire from smoking. I hope parlors do have the same way as this too. As for my personal opinion, I'm thinking of having tattoos in the long run too. I find it more than of an art but always make sure that the artist is compliant with the standards of cleanliness to ensure...
 (Total 182 words)
Tattoos have become socially acceptable in this age. However, a lot of people still seem to be misinformed about the perils of getting a tattoo. One would be sepsis as mentioned but I am concerned with getting blood-borne hepatitis or HIV if the tattoo parlors do not follow international standards to ensure customer safety. It was great to know that different hues post different chances of health problems. Some may argue that it is safe because tattoos can be erased. The superficial ink may be e...
 (Total 136 words)
Tattoos are now considered more of a cosmetic design rather than a source of infection and sepsis to our bodies. This recent study shows that each of us should be careful before thinking to have a mark on our skin because it may cause sepsis and other health conditions. It sometimes differ into the color of ink being used such as using red ink that may further cause inflammation and allergic reactions. Though it may look cool, we must be very particular regarding hygienic practices of our tattoo...
 (Total 228 words)