General
You Should Never Ask For a Slice Of Lemon In Your Drink

You Should Never Ask For a Slice Of Lemon In Your Drink

Shared by:

There’s something about summer that makes us want to put citrus into every single drink. Beer? A slice of orange. Cuba libra? Lemon. Mojito? Bring on the limes.

www.yahoo.com

29 Aug 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto haha yes this is really true about food handling preparations. I have friends who works in the restaurants and whenever there are customers who have this kind of attitude, they spit on the food and whatever to revenge to this customers. Indeed never complain before your food is being served because we really don't know how they prepare the food. Even in high end restaurants and as what y...
 (Total 118 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Yeah that's right. SOme of the harmful effects of food that come into light are not purely due to the food / drink itself. Sometimes how we prepare them matters a lot too. In this case, if we can find fresh lemons, clean them well and put it in our drinks, I don't think there will be any health problem whatsoever. But at restaurants where quality is not properly controlled and the hygienic ...
 (Total 106 words)
Oh dear! I heard this so many times from friends too. I haven't had a direct conversation with someone who actually works in a restaurant but i have been told several times to be careful when dealing with waiters/ waitress/ any other restaurant staff as they amy end up doing something with your food even before it gets served. I didn't realise that this actually happens in reality. If they do spit in the food, would the customer not notice it at all? ...
 (Total 101 words)
Oh my yes, this is a sad thing to read. I mean many restaurants now serve lime or lemon with their water. And then you have fruit shakes with that fruit topper, I love that. So I'll just leave it to--people have been drinking beverage with lemon for a long time, I have as well, it's why we pray before meals right? Hehe. Let's just bring our own lemons with us, all the time, because how do you know if you can trust a restaurant to be "clean". I'll tell you something. I h...
 (Total 143 words)
Oh my yes, this is a sad thing to read. I mean many restaurants now serve lime or lemon with their water. And then you have fruit shakes with that fruit topper, I love that. So I'll just leave it to--people have been drinking beverage with lemon for a long time, I have as well, it's why we pray before meals right? Hehe. Let's just bring our own lemons with us, all the time, because how do you know if you can trust a restaurant to be "clean". I'll tell you something. I h...
 (Total 143 words)
Yes it is all about preparation and this is something we can't control as restaurants tend to get busy and we don't know what is going on behind those kitchen doors. If Lemons were found to carry or contain a number of pathogens that can cause infection, I am hoping that the process of preparing the lemons would be looked at and food inspectors should have a closer look when visiting food establishments. One way to minimise it would be to freshly slice lemons as ordered and throw away th...
 (Total 120 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan and Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan This is sad to read. Improper food handling still seems to be the main root of potential pathogens lurking in the surfaces of the fruit. The article did not mention that is not safe to do at home probably because of the "own flora" rule when it comes to handling food....
 (Total 145 words)
Most of the types of food and drink I love to have end up being proven unhealthy. :( At this rate of research and finding evidence to proove what we eat and drink are not as good as we think, I wonder in a few years time wether we will have anything left to eat without health concerns. :D I really love to have citrated juices and a slice of lemon with my drinks always makes the drink more palatable. And lemon is like the last fruit I thought would be contaminated. I beleieved bacteria don't ...
 (Total 125 words)
All the while I thought placing lemons into cocktail drinks are just making it surely refreshing. However upon reading this short article made me think twice whether to put some slices of lemon on my mojitos and/or even in my glass of water. Though lemon and other citrus fruit slices added up to water and other cocktail drinks has found to be there's an added aid in moderating it's acidity and helpful to our system, better think twice. These slices could be a source of different microbes...
 (Total 192 words)