General
Company Nurses: Duties and Responsibilities

Company Nurses: Duties and Responsibilities

Shared by:

If you are one of those nurses who want to try an alternative job in private companies, here are the duties and responsibilities you should be aware of.

today.mims.com

29 Aug 2016 - General

After reading everyone else's comments, I think that to be a confident and competent company nurse, it would be essential to have years of nursing experience, especially in an Emergency setting. If you are a fresh graduate and without nursing experience, it would be very challenging to handle all the expectations from being a company nurse and deliver quality nursing care, especially in emergency situations. If there are other experienced nurses who can support the "newly graduate"...
 (Total 119 words)
I have a friend who worked as company nurse as her part time job and as a staff nurse too. It is really true that being a nurse you need to attend trainings to update your knowledge and skills. As we all know, nursing evolves overtime. Some procedures changes and some are being called obsolete. In her experience she shares that you must know the basic interventions since you are the first person to attend to the employees needs or complaints. Whether you are a company nurse or working in a hospi...
 (Total 157 words)
Being a company nurse depends on what kind of company you are in and what are their target or product they are doing, in order for you to decide if the job is fulfilling or not. Lets start with a clinic nurse, Yes they do all these job scope but in a clinic, how often do you practice your emergency skills in nursing. Now compare your self working in an industrial location where they produce parts of a vessel, Your skills has to be broader and knowledge should be broader to accommodate to the in...
 (Total 163 words)
I'm sure there are differences between hospital nurses and company nurses, but it will all depend on how fully equipped the clinic is, I think. Anyway, outside of my dental practice, I work in a multispecialty clinic, but I would really really love to be a company dentist. I remember when I was young and I would go to PAL Dental (as my mom's dependent) and I thought, this would be a fun job. I have a few friends whose days off their practice is served as a company dentist and some as a s...
 (Total 147 words)
Alex Ngai It sure is a slowing down of pace in terms of patient involvement but I agree with Kathleen Peralta's observation that the work demand seems a lot too. There is an administrative role involved in this line of work. I wonder if a lot of fresh graduates try this job opportunity too because it looks like the job calls f...
 (Total 122 words)
I have always been curious of what a company nurse job would be. As what I've learnt from University, company nurse can also be called an Occupational Heath Nurse, is that right? The duties and responsibilties may not look as busy as it is compared to working in a ward or in an emergency department but I'm sure a company nurse has so much to do in his/her hands. It is much more challenging in a way as you make your independent assessments and there are not a lot of other nurses' arou...
 (Total 129 words)