General
Why cycling is much more than a fitness miracle - The Economic Times

Why cycling is much more than a fitness miracle - The Economic Times

Shared by:

Step out of your homes early morning and you'll be pleasantly surprised by the number of cyclists on the roads.

economictimes.indiatimes.com

29 Aug 2016 - General

Bad posture and insomnia. I should really start cycling now---but I really have no time and it means being under the sun, so it may not happen. I used to be very good though, when I was young. I can ride the bike "no hands" and would do exhibitions, riding while tying your shoelaces. I was very young and stupid--don't worry, not anymore. But really, I would love to go cycling again, I just never find the time and the right motivation. I used to be very outdoorsy when I was growing ...
 (Total 181 words)
Cycling is a very efficient way to commute to and from work. Unfortunately, we have a lot of pigs disguised as drivers in this country that cut off cyclists. Riding a bike saves the environment by avoiding the use of fuel. It also saves our health by burning our own fuel from glycogen and its reservoir of fat. The main advantage of cycling over running lies on the fact that it is easy on the knee joints. Even the elderly can enjoy riding a bike without worrying about knee joint crepitus. In addi...
 (Total 111 words)
The reason why I love cycling is purely for the fun of it. I love getting my bicycle out and ride it aimlessly along the roads in my hometown. Cycling is becoming less pleasurable for me now, because the things I loved when I was out on the bicycle are slowly changing. At places where there used to be woods are now treeless. No more birds singing in the morning dew. The paddy fields have become dry land and the streams are all dried up. Urbanization has taken its toll on the nature. I still ride...
 (Total 134 words)
The reason why I love cycling is purely for the fun of it. I love getting my bicycle out and ride it aimlessly along the roads in my hometown. Cycling is becoming less pleasurable for me now, because the things I loved when I was out on the bicycle are slowly changing. At places where there used to be woods are now treeless. No more birds singing in the morning dew. The paddy fields have become dry land and the streams are all dried up. Urbanization has taken its toll on the nature. I still ride...
 (Total 134 words)
 (Total 134 words)
I personally enjoying riding my bike but with La Nina rolling around it has been raining quite a lot where I live putting my bike into hibernation. Unless myfriends who would want to bike in the rain then cycling is back on. I find this a very good work out for any age group, as a matter of fact, as long as we know our limitations and practice safety first. The use of a helmet, a proper one at that, goes a long way. Cycling is best done in groups to ensure safety as if ever an accident is met th...
 (Total 136 words)