General

PH Legislator wants increase on gov’t doctor’s salary to P73K

Created by:

29 Aug 2016 - General

Hopefully this bill attracts the right attention and becomes a law. I'm still looking forward to the new administration's promises of making sure that the healthcare sector is being handled effectively and efficiently.

http://today.mims.com/topic/ph-legislator-wants-increase-on-gov-t-doctor-s-salary-to-p73k?country=philippines

Mark Edmon Tan ok I had to look into the indigent patients under Philhealth and found this: "All indigents identified by the DSWD under the National Household Targeting System (NHTS) for Poverty Reduction and other such acceptable methods, shall automatically be enrolled and covered under the Program." Like senior citizens, indigent patients enrolled in Philhealth also have No Balance Billing (NBB). Tha...
 (Total 74 words)
Jennifer Winter That's true. Healthcare professionals are very compassionate and will offer to waive off services if they see the patient does not have the capacity to pay. I am not aware of the indigent option for PhilHealth. I know one option that is reserved for senior citizens called No Balance Billing (NBB). Senior citizens can go to any government hospital and avail of hospital services for free (I am n...
 (Total 145 words)
Mark Edmon Tan & Maria Cristina Inserto: ah yes that time. That was right to term it has being asked to produce a menu. That was right of you by kindly telling the patient to just go to that other doctor since they are cheaper. We are not money mongers. We will give discounts when needed and even give services for free but our ...
 (Total 198 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Yes, she was insisting on producing a "menu" of our services with the price of services indicated. Good thing that this did not push through as it would cheapen the profession of healthcare. She did not seem to comprehend that providing healthcare has no fixed price because we can never know when we are going to waive off professional fees or give discounts. I see where you are com...
 (Total 137 words)
"We were harassed and publicly humiliated by the former tax revenue secretary." This is so true Mark Edmon Tan. I remember when she also demanded that we submit and display pricelists of our services with charges. Back then it felt so degrading. I mean, I already feel degraded when a patient comes to me and asks for a crazy discount. Like years ago there was a patient who inquired about the price of a f...
 (Total 144 words)
This is a legislation that they should really focus on. Our country is losing doctors not just due to unfair compensation. We were harassed and publicly humiliated by the former tax revenue secretary. It just became hard to accept that they are maligning doctors who provided at least 2 years of free service (junior and senior internship) to the country. Jennifer Winter, the brain drain in 2035 was also the first ...
 (Total 140 words)