General
A Letter to my Pre-Med self

A Letter to my Pre-Med self

Shared by:

Congratulations for making it this far. You assure yourself that the aptitude that you have acquired from years of hard work, will allow you to glide through the challenges of Medicine. Yet, a part of you feels daunted by its off-putting myths.

today.mims.com

29 Aug 2016 - General

Mark Edmon Tan Absolutely mate. I am working in the largest children hospital in the world. And I must say that I am really proud about it. By the way I have got too many drawings of myself...
 (Total 108 words)
Rajinda Asalage I absolutely agree with you in finding happiness when seeing people become better. To heal the sick is the very fiber of our profession. I do not understand doctors who negl...
 (Total 101 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Absolutely true mate. This field is really amazing. No other occupation can make someone self-satisfied this much. In Sri Lanka doctors are preferred as gods living on the pl...
 (Total 111 words)
Marinelle Castro It seems like everyone in the MIMS community have absolutely no regrets in their choice to pursue the field of medicine. Your statement "we spend more time with our co...
 (Total 127 words)
Marinelle Castro It seems like everyone in the MIMS community have absolutely no regrets in their choice to pursue the field of medicine. Your statement "we spend more time with our co...
 (Total 127 words)
This article somehow made me feel nostalgic. It wasn't too long ago before I decided to pursue a career in medicine. This entire journey allowed me to grow in ways I never imagined. The relationships that I formed with my classmates turned collea...
 (Total 158 words)
Rajinda Asalage Thank you for sharing your story. Happy to hear that the field of medicine grew on you and you are in the field of surgery right now. You have really made huge strides looki...
 (Total 121 words)
I had no admire to do medicine. Not at all. But my dad wanted me to become a doctor. I was so against him and struggled to do maths and to become an engineer. I still love maths much more than studying medicine. Anyhow I went through my Advanced leve...
 (Total 130 words)
Trust the journey. It is a long and difficult one but it comes with many rewards. Rewards may include financial ones but the gratitude you receive from patients, the joy of healing a person or saving their life is something that cannot be bought. &qu...
 (Total 120 words)
The life of a doctor is well stated in the article. We are doctors and we are expected to know our craft and perform beyond the scope of medicine. We were educated with our medical books and learned with clinical experience. I remember the days when ...
 (Total 160 words)