General
How can health professionals embrace change?

How can health professionals embrace change?

Shared by:

Like in any other industry, healthcare is also affected by this era of continuous change. The digital revolution, along with advances in human knowledge demands changes in terms of healthcare policies, system and infrastructure, workflow and day-to-day dealings with your patients or co-workers. It might be dizzying, it might even be scary, but the fact is that change is inevitable and if it is not managed well, it might produce suboptimal - or even worse, unfavourable results.

today.mims.com

29 Aug 2016 - General

Oh I like that the being in the 21st century, professionals must be prepared to cope up with the unexpected. Yes really there's a lot happening in our era compared maybe with the past that we need to be very flexible to changes. Avoid a negative ...
 (Total 164 words)
It can be quite frustrating working with colleagues who are super resistant to change. The mindset of such people is that, "if things aren't broken, why fix them?" When you want to initiate change, they see you as the enemy and try to ...
 (Total 208 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I also prefer ebooks over textbooks. One reason being the difficulty of carrying heavy books around. You can have a library of ebooks in a tablet, imagine having to carry 10 ...
 (Total 165 words)
Alan Rosmadi Glad to know that you are pro-change. It is a very great asset to possess. You are right about change squeezing out the best in you. If we do not improve as persons, we will be...
 (Total 109 words)
Marinelle Castro That is quite true. Planning and executing changes in healthcare provision and systems require time. Going electronic will really require time and everyone's attention ...
 (Total 139 words)
I remember posting something similar about adapting to changes. But anyway, changes are good. Depending on how the person viewing it. Changes basically means more opportunity for a person to grow and gain more experience. When adapting to changes, a ...
 (Total 163 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama That is sadly true. I know of some consultants (not in my training program) that are not receptive to residents reading specialty e-books in tablets and smartphones....
 (Total 147 words)
I think of the of the reasons why a lot of healthcare professionals are resistant to change is because implementation of new policies or protocols entails additional time and effort. A lot of hospital employees think that they are already overworked ...
 (Total 153 words)
What I have realized is that the older generation, the middle aged and the elderly are not ready to embrace the change as much as the younger generation are. This is evident in the healthcare industry as well. Replacing the patient bed head ticket wi...
 (Total 143 words)
The only thing constant in the world is change. Change is even more prominent in the healthcare setting. Medical books that change editions will have some discrepancies from the previous ones. Guidelines change every year to uphold a great standard o...
 (Total 141 words)