General
When Overseas Filipino doctors, nurses get bullied

When Overseas Filipino doctors, nurses get bullied

Shared by:

With the different cultures to be familiarized with, along with being away from their families, a majority of Filipino healthcare professionals abroad find it difficult to adjust. More so when conflicts arise in their workplace.

today.mims.com

30 Aug 2016 - General

Hi Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan, apologies for the not so prompt reply. Bullying or any form of discrimniataion is a form of abuse here in UK and when reported, will not be tolerated as prop...
 (Total 176 words)
My brother works as a dialysis nurse in the middle east while a friend of mine works in a non- medical field in Malaysia. Overseas, bullying does happen. Especially with my brother. He said, "They think Filipinos are a lower form compared to the...
 (Total 84 words)
Jennifer Winter wow! hehe You are very keen doctor. Yes I am not working as an OFW. Though I am just in Dubai now for vacation, I still work in Iloilo as a full time regular staff. As to ac...
 (Total 196 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan I saw that Marinelle Castro tagged you. I was under impression all this time that you are working as nurse...
 (Total 37 words)
Racism is unfortunately everywhere and despite foreign countries having rules to protect our OFWs this type of bullying still happens. People can be reprimanded for their outright bullying but what about the "little japes" in the lunch room...
 (Total 161 words)
I was saddened reading this article. If working abroad will compromise my physical and emotional status. I'd rather stay in here in my country. Bullying is such a childlike attitude. We are all professional working together in an institution. So ...
 (Total 122 words)
Is this really happening overseas? I have high expectations of healthcare communities abroad so I am hoping that this article is just an exaggeration of anecdotal evidence. Kathleen Peralta...
 (Total 161 words)
This is just shameful. "bullied because of their immigrant status"- these are pure acts of racism. I try to wrap my head around these acts of prejudice and there is no rational explanation for it. Yes I am truly hoping as well that our gove...
 (Total 78 words)