General
When Overseas Filipino doctors, nurses get bullied

When Overseas Filipino doctors, nurses get bullied

Shared by:

With the different cultures to be familiarized with, along with being away from their families, a majority of Filipino healthcare professionals abroad find it difficult to adjust. More so when conflicts arise in their workplace.

today.mims.com

30 Aug 2016 - General

Hi Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan, apologies for the not so prompt reply. Bullying or any form of discrimniataion is a form of abuse here in UK and when reported, will not be tolerated as proper procedures will have to be followed. However, being Filipinos we would tend to let some situations pass and say, "yaan mo na" or "ayaw ko nang lumaki pa ang issue". When I was first starting, I felt that ...
 (Total 176 words)
Jennifer Winter wow! hehe You are very keen doctor. Yes I am not working as an OFW. Though I am just in Dubai now for vacation, I still work in Iloilo as a full time regular staff. As to acts of bullying, in our station I guess it's not present or anywhere else in the hospital. We use to say some jokes among our junior staff nurses but we definitely do not bully them. I guess that is a sign of low self esteem...
 (Total 196 words)
Racism is unfortunately everywhere and despite foreign countries having rules to protect our OFWs this type of bullying still happens. People can be reprimanded for their outright bullying but what about the "little japes" in the lunch room? I have been a keen observer of this type of behavior and at times they could be so subtle like it is nothing. Marinelle Castro: our being shouted at is definitely a...
 (Total 161 words)
I was saddened reading this article. If working abroad will compromise my physical and emotional status. I'd rather stay in here in my country. Bullying is such a childlike attitude. We are all professional working together in an institution. So it is only right to act like one. We should not tolerate them. That should be addressed right away. If not, that will make the other person out of focus which will lead him/her to more mistakes. It is only right to talk directly to the person involve...
 (Total 122 words)
Is this really happening overseas? I have high expectations of healthcare communities abroad so I am hoping that this article is just an exaggeration of anecdotal evidence. Kathleen Peralta Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Is this happening in your workplace? From what I understand, primary institutions abroad are accredited to ensure that ...
 (Total 161 words)