General
5 secrets your patients are not telling you

5 secrets your patients are not telling you

Shared by:

There are things that may remain untold especially when you don’t get the chance to ask your patients about it. Here are 5 secrets your patients are not telling you.

today.mims.com

30 Aug 2016 - General

It is very hard to elicit a good history from a patient if a doctor appears to be in a rush with arriving at a diagnosis. These 5 secrets patients are hiding from you can be unmasked if we establish a good rapport. Asking open-ended questions can rea...
 (Total 205 words)
Absolutely true. Patients won't reveal all the information abouth their conditions. They are afraid that they would undergo any invasive procedures at the hospital or get exposed to radiation. Because of that they would hide some of the informati...
 (Total 103 words)
Recently, we had a patient who puzzled all the doctors with the etiology of her disease. Only to find out that she never disclosed with anyone that she had an ulcerating breast mass all along. Turns out she never even told her relatives about it. I t...
 (Total 77 words)
Based on experience, all the items mentioned in the article is true. Perhaps the patients find it convenient not to disclose too much information because they fear that they might need more procedures or tests done. That's why they tend to keep i...
 (Total 149 words)
Your explanation plays a vital role to gather all datas needed. Some of them may forget to tell you other details but we as a healthcare provider we need to classify, be more specific and use of laymans term is highly recommended. We need to gather e...
 (Total 110 words)
Ah yes all of these sound familiar. I do not hold it against patients when they think that their recent or not so recent illness or surgery or whatever current disease they may have are irrelevant because that just shows they are misinformed. I do no...
 (Total 121 words)