General
Patient satisfaction vs. job responsibility: A nurse's call of duty

Patient satisfaction vs. job responsibility: A nurse's call of duty

Shared by:

In today’s service-driven healthcare industry, there is often conflict of interest between the priorities of doctors, nurses and managers. The key question remains, is patient happiness a strong enough motive to be fulfilled at the expense of basic job responsibility?

today.mims.com

30 Aug 2016 - General

Nursing is such a noble and selfless profession. If you're a nurse you are considered to be flexible and caring. "Patients first", as what we always say. We always put our patients needs in top of ourselves. Handling difficult patients almost everyday of our lives isn't that easy. Lucky you are if you have cooperative responsible folks to work with you with the patient involved. Most of the time, I establish rapport first with the folks so as I can talk with them to help me in ...
 (Total 155 words)
What Being a Nurse Means to Me

Having a caring heart, enjoying knowing that I have made a difference in someone's life. Just the knowing that you have just touched even one person makes all the difference. Hearing the patient say "great to know that you are back because you have been the nicest nurse I have had". Once a nurse always a nurse and even when I am off-duty, I still try to help people and this story tells it all!

-Jackie Brinkley, RN, BSN
Mount Airy...
 (Total 90 words)
Hi! Just a question to Singaporeans in the MIMS community, what is a "chee cheong fun or kway teow"? Anyway I really appreciate our nursing colleagues because their job is very tedious and demanding. In cases when there is staff shortage and the patient-to-nurse ratio is higher than usual, I've seen a lot of friends in the nursing field who are able to handle the stress gracefully. That's why as doctors it is important to maintain collegial relationships with them because they ...
 (Total 128 words)
As a nurse, we are flexible in everything. We may have patient in good disposition (e.g., happy, relaxed, lets say an optimistic one) and the other one is in bad shape. Nurses are always patience in dealing with their patients. As what my friend tell me, they are here because they needed our tender loving care. We must provide the highest and excellent care that we can offer. Neither they are angry, confused, or sad, it is our task as a nurse to help them feel relax, lessen their anxiety and ass...
 (Total 132 words)