General
This new infertility treatment could be less invasive and cheaper than IVF

This new infertility treatment could be less invasive and cheaper than IVF

Shared by:

In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) has helped infertile couples start families for more than 35 years. But while the technology has evolved, it remains an expensive, invasive process that can have significant side-effects.

www.sciencealert.com

30 Aug 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto IVF indeed has its inherent procedural disadvantages. I agree that the chances of failure is actually higher than success. Based on Western studies, the average success rate of this procedure is 23-30%. I'm not sure if this is really cost-effective since the chances of failure and becoming frustrated is 3x higher. To add to that, IVF also has complications. There's an disease entity...
 (Total 166 words)
This is really spectacular news and I hope this becomes available soon. I know of people who would love to have children but cannot--and with the high cost of IVF, the impossibility is even more highlighted. I wonder how much "cheaper" this technology would be, though? One of the problems with IVF is that it does not always work right away, so only the wealthy who can "try and try until you succeed" can raise funds for it. Just recently I was asking my OB friends about IVF a...
 (Total 206 words)
This is great news, especially for women who had to sacrifice the chances of having a family in order to pursue their dreams *ahem*. I really hope that this technology will have comparable results to in vitro fertilisation. I have asked about the local cost of in vitro fertilisation and it really very pricey. Just the process of harvesting and egg storage can amount to a million pesos within a year's time. Egg storage is as expensive as a rent in a high-rise condominium unit and its settled ...
 (Total 121 words)