General
7 medical apps healthcare professionals should know about

7 medical apps healthcare professionals should know about

Shared by:

Living in an increasingly fast-paced world, we have become more reliant on technology. Here, we have compiled seven healthcare apps that keeps you up-to-date and organised.

today.mims.com

31 Aug 2016 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan I would say Medscape is a pretty good free app for both pathophysiology and drug literature. It also has features such as pill identifier, calculators and formulary. You could look up information about diseases/conditions as well as procedures. It as offline and online options. If your mobile device has enough capacity you can download the information so you could easily access info in areas...
 (Total 112 words)
Yes exactly Jennifer Winter . I also don't want to bring any drug literature or book with me all the time. But having an application readily available straight from your phone containing all the information needed is simply taking your worries away. Do you know any medical free applications containing pathophysiology and drug literature's too? I hope there is such application available. This is a must to ...
 (Total 124 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan well the physical MIMS handbook is distributed to some doctors for free but about the content in the app apparently its just the MOA. When you said that we needed to pay for something I looked through the app to see if there was such an option and how much I would need to pay. I am usually very frugal about these things but MIMS is very helpful in prescribing meds especially when you want to...
 (Total 135 words)
It is really amazing if we can make our deeds easier. They will save our time, money and energy too. Apps are like that. I went through the information about these apps and they are really helpful for a doctor to get a work done easily and to be updated. And one of them is MIMS, which is one of my favourite apps. And actually the most favourite one. My personal view is that these apps are far away better than surfing internet. Because it is faster than surfing about something in internet. I am g...
 (Total 101 words)
Oh cool! Another helpful article for everyone. As a matter of fact, I only got MIMS on my phone and another which is not mentioned the Medscape which I believe is also helpful with all the pathophysiologies. I wonder if all the applications are applicable to our country here in the Philippines. I'm gonna try all of these later, check and compare each of them. If I am not mistaken, MIMS is just one of the two mentioned aboved which includes a platform community wherein practioners are able to...
 (Total 161 words)
These medical applications helps a lot of healthcare practitioners. This apps helps us to access the needed informations easily. Along with that we discover, learn and understand the topic or drug right away. It makes our work easier, faster and better. Easy in a way that we can access it right away. Faster because we're in control of our time. Since each applications functions differently it offers us new ideas, evidenced based results and is up to date. The great thing about this technol...
 (Total 120 words)
Now there really is an app for almost everything! It's great to know that there are apps like 3D4 Medical that aid the study of anatomy and physiology, and VisualDX that aids in diagnosis and can probably also help in telemedicine. GetDoc is great as well, since it benefits both patients and physicians. It's always a good thing to be able to see your options and get a doctor's appointment with just a few flicks of your fingers. :) I hope GetDoc becomes available in the Philippines so...
 (Total 114 words)
Nowadays, there are a lot of different useful medical apps for healthcare professionals. Apart from that the apps listed in the article (PubMed, Ambulatory, GetDoc, ReachMD, MIMS, 3D4 Medical, and VisualDX), I think there is another very important and extremely useful medical app, which is UpToDate. UpToDate is an evidence based, peer reviewed clinical information resource, that can be used as clinical decision support system, to help to guide physician. When facing some uncertainty in making a...
 (Total 106 words)
I have used PubMed but not in the app form to look up studies. MIMS I have an app of in my phone as it is considered the traditional drug handbook. I would've liked the MIMS app drug section to be a bit more concise like the handbook as it only has mechanism of action. I found numbers 6 and 7 quite interesting. We did have a discussion before here on the use of VR over dissecting actual human cadavers in learning anatomy. I will check out that app to see if this works with VR glasses. Visual...
 (Total 130 words)