General
Fatal blood clot risk: A good reason to watch less TV

Fatal blood clot risk: A good reason to watch less TV

Shared by:

Taking a break by watching the television is one of the simplest and cheapest ways of getting some leisure time, especially in the comfort of one’s own home. But binge-watching carries a more dangerous potential consequence than one may expect: fatal blood clotting.

today.mims.com

1 Sep 2016 - General

I believe development of pulmonary embolism is directly related to development of deep vein thrombosis. Prolonged hours of immobilization like Inactivity following surgery fractures or other illnesses, long haul air flights, some medications like combined oral contraceptive pills, obesity and drug abuse are known to increase the risk of developing deep vein thrombosis. Now to that list we have prolonged watching of TV, proven by scientific evidence! Thrombi in deep veins of the legs can be dislo...
 (Total 110 words)
I think one of the things a person has to know is his risk of acquiring a thromboembolic disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the following are risk factors: 40 yrs old and above,Obesity, recent surgery or injury (within 3 months), use of medications containing estrogen or hormonal replacement therapy, pregnancy and 6 months post-partum,strong family history of blood clots, personal history of thrombosis, having varicose veins, having cancer, and impaired mobilit...
 (Total 164 words)
I guess the same risk also goes for people who are required to sit in front of the computer the whole day as part of their job. Even though the study wasn’t very conclusive, we all know that there is actually a lot of harm to sitting down for lengthy periods of time. Although this doesn’t lead to pulmonary embolism alone, it increases the risk for a variety of circulatory and even muscle, nerve and skeletal conditions. There are various exercises that can be done while still sitting down to prom...
 (Total 164 words)