General
4 questions pharmacists should ask their customers

4 questions pharmacists should ask their customers

Shared by:

What should pharmacists ask their customers to get the essential information for their counselling? Here are some.

today.mims.com

1 Sep 2016 - General

In an ideal setting where patient counselling is provided, it is pertinent that these questions be asked, first by the doctor, and then by the pharmacist. Here in the Philippines, however, patient counselling is not a conventional part of the dispensing process in drugstores, unlike in Western countries where pharmacists are required by law to do patient counselling before a patient leaves the drugstore. Here, most patients are simply accustomed to presenting their prescriptions at the drugstore...
 (Total 230 words)
The questions presented in the article is actually not happening in real life setting. As what i experienced here in our place theres this pharmacy that the one whose incharge doesn't even bothered to ask the patient if he/she had a allergies, if shes pregnant or not, etc. May be not all of them tend to forgot to ask these questions but this is very basic and essential to health progress of the client. And as what i observed, if the patient doesn't ask any questions about the drug the ph...
 (Total 123 words)
It is good if the pharmacists also talk to the patients these questions to make sure the drugs the patient is getting is the right medication and will not cause any harmful effects. But I believe it is the prescribing doctor who is the first person that should ask these questions from the patient. If a patient with peptic ulcer disease develop a perforated gastric ulcer after being prescribed NSAIDS, or if a patient who is allergic to penicillin gets prescribed a penicillin group drug (let's...
 (Total 113 words)