General
PH: Cancer survivor group wants ‘cigarette holiday’ implemented

PH: Cancer survivor group wants ‘cigarette holiday’ implemented

Shared by:

A local cancer survivor group, New Vois of the Philippines (NVAP), is throwing its full support behind the proposed "smoking holiday" where a total smoking ban will be implemented for one day across the country. It said the proposal is one step towards attaining better public health.

today.mims.com

1 Sep 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro That takes tremendous willpower to quit smoking while undergoing surgery residency training! I wish that someday it could lead to a total ban of smoking except in designated smoking areas like in Davao and Singapore. I agree that smoking cigarettes are really devastating to our health and smokers stop only when damage is already irreversible. People should understand that cigarette is not only co...
 (Total 152 words)
it seems rather small, but something like this will reap good results. I hope this bill gets passed. Imagine one day. A lot of people cannot go a day without cigarettes and if this law becomes reality, it will help motivate those who think they're at a dead end. Who knows, maybe once they survive one day, they become motivated to continue for two or three or more. It all starts somewhere and this kind of awareness is a positive push not only for the cigarette user, but also for the second-ha...
 (Total 160 words)
Alright! Let this bill be passed and implemented! This is one of the few steps this country needed the most. It's a step by step process in deleting pollution in the environment. I would be very active in promoting this one around the globe. Just imagine if the entire Philippines will stop even for just a day, what a relief from the toxins in the air, pollution in the smokers body and of course the second and third hand smokers. Indeed one of the steps to help everyone take the habit off is...
 (Total 136 words)
Why a total ban for a day? Cigarettes should be totally banned period. I know I've mentioned that I used to be a chronic smoker and I am very happy that I've kicked the bad habit for 5 months now. It is well known that cigarette smoking is detrimental to health so I don't see any reason why this should still be allowed. Like drugs, it also ruins the lives of many, perhaps not in a dramatic way like prohibited drugs do, but I think the potential damage it poses is far worse, if not eq...
 (Total 167 words)
This has been on the table for more than a month and I wish it pushes through. The government has to let the smokers feel what it is like to have a day of rest from smoking. It makes a world of a difference in terms of fatigue and breathing freely. I am also a previous smoker and I know how it sucks to feel fatigue as you wake up because of smoking. This may be the bill that discourages people from smoking. Cigarette breaks cause productivity loss due to interruption from work. Also, cigarette s...
 (Total 126 words)