General

A Critic’s Lonely Quest: Revealing the Whole Truth About Mother Teresa

Created by:

1 Sep 2016 - General

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/27/world/asia/mother-teresa-critic.html

I'm not sure why I cannot share the link. Anyway its a good read!

I couldn’t agree with you more Alex Ngai It’s true that religious matters fair differently from scientific/reasonable data. I’m not sure if you have seen the documentary “Hell’s Angel”. This is the controversial documentary that criticizes Mother Theresa. The plight of the Calcutta community is evident in that video. However, the critic in the article that I posted was actually born and raised in Calcutta and h...
 (Total 165 words)
Religious matters are always very touchy, but sometimes some perspective is necessary. The reasons that people adore Mother Theresa for, such as charity and piety, are not exactly mutually exclusive with some of the accusations that people are pointing out, such as a poor standard of care in the clinics under her care. One of the most important things to consider is: what was the standard of care available in the slums of Calcutta during the time Mother Theresa was active? How available was this...
 (Total 152 words)
I guess its high time that myth has to be challenged. I'm not sure if anyone of you have read about this, but personally it is my first time to do so. I'm very surprised because for as long as I remembered, Mother Theresa has been an icon of humility, service and spirituality. In fact she was popularized as the living saint. Out of curiosity to the credibility of her critic, I watched the documentary that is mentioned in the article. (Its on youtube "Hell's Angel") I think ...
 (Total 166 words)