General
Malaysia confirms first local Zika virus case

Malaysia confirms first local Zika virus case

Shared by:

The emergence of the first Zika virus infection within the country gives Malaysia additional worries after neighbouring Singapore reported its first locally transmitted case last week.

today.mims.com

2 Sep 2016 - General

Zika Virus is easily spread to Malaysia, once Singapore was invaded, as there is high volume of traveling between this two neighbour countries every day. The first confirmed case in Malaysia is a woman visiting her daughter in Singapore recently, in ...
 (Total 114 words)
Alex Ngai: I did not mean that it is not effective as a detection measure, I was referring to people who are in the incubation period wherein this will not work. Definitely they should have...
 (Total 119 words)
Jennifer Winter Certainly the thermal scanners may not be 100% effective, but as with most public health issues, its often better to be seen to do something that only has 50% efficiency tha...
 (Total 114 words)
That definitely is no big surprise that Zika is spreading to other countries. As much as I don't want it to come to the Philippines I feel its almost inevitable. If and when it comes here it will surely be an epidemic as dengue itself has been an...
 (Total 149 words)
It didn't take long for the virus to spread from Singapore, and I can't say anybody is very surprised. The geological closeness of Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, coupled with the amount of trade and human traffic that occurs across these ...
 (Total 137 words)