General

Death toll in Philippines' drug war hits 2,000

Created by:

2 Sep 2016 - General

Philippines is a mixed religion country right? I mean i don't want to offend any Filipinos here, I have many friends from Philippines and they all are of different religion. Just correct me if I am wrong. Back to the topic, in Singapore we have a law that states that anyone trafficking or consuming drugs above a certain level will get a death penalty - which is by hanging. But u still see a few who will take the risk for the satisfaction they desire. It all depends on how you view it, cause...
 (Total 168 words)
Marinelle Castro Yes, we are really desperate because this is the main problem that keeps us from developing into a better country. Our innocent youth are the victims of drug addiction. The method may not be unorthodox and the extrajudicial killings will never be acceptable; However, there seems to be no other way. Our president is one thinking man (sorry for the previous presidents) but he seems to have run out ...
 (Total 260 words)
Teddy Locsin Jr did a good Tedtorial about this just yesterday. He talks about international media, what is going on here, what is being talked in our own media and then what is published by international outlets. If I find it, I'll link it. Anyway, I am deeply saddened by the deaths. I have FB friends screaming human rights and hating on the government, but this is how I see things. People say that human rights are being violated. People say that people are being murdered. They say that cri...
 (Total 337 words)
I am sure that other countries are facing the same issues on drug trafficking too. I mean I guess there's no place in the world that drugs isn't present. If you know one, what countries are those? How do people deal with the issues like this. For only 2 months there were 2000 recorded death cases, how much more those who are still under investigation if it's really counted with those who perform the act. So which means in a year, almost 24,000 will be killed or even more. Let's ...
 (Total 148 words)
There are theories as well that other drug pushers are being killed of by the commands of the drug lords themselves so that they cannot be captured for questioning. Whatever the real reason is the amount of killing is very concerning. Recently a 10 year old was questioning on why our country was a blood bath. How hurtful is that to hear the words blood bath come from a child? The drug pushers are people who came from poverty. They are people so desperate to better their lives that they resorted ...
 (Total 144 words)
Jennifer Winter Marinelle Castro Yes exactly as what the article says it that, it already reaches to 2,000 individuals killed at an average of 20 people a day. One famous killing was the "Dragon" drug was from our place. And of course who among the Filipinos now aren't aware that Iloilo City was the most "Shabul...
 (Total 130 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Hi! There's no link to the topic that you posted (Happened to me yesterday too!) Anyway, this widespread killing bothers me a lot. We work in the healthcare community and we know how to value life. I know that drug trafficking is a real problem in developing countries because it is one of the factors that contributes to criminality and corruption with consequent economic losses. However, are we that desperate that we have to resort to random killings just to resolve thi...
 (Total 171 words)
I understand how you feel as we all share this burden living here in the Philippines. Are you familiar with the situation in Columbia? Drug cartels, Pablo Escobar, exporting of drugs into the US. They too are a catholic country riddled with drug trafficking. Their government resulted to dealing this with military power along with the help of intelligence from the US (seeing as they are affected by this as well). I don't like that solution but pandora's box has been opened. We have to fac...
 (Total 139 words)
Alarming campaign against war on drugs. Reading this article makes me feel like a mixed of highs and lows. Grateful in a way I am happy seeing that by this way, a lot of syndicates tend to surrender after hearing these killings on drug dealers. I am saddened in a way that human rights has been really violated and given we are a Catholic country, killing enemies and people isn't the answer to discipline people. Though chances has been given to these guilty individuals, however no one is liabl...
 (Total 164 words)