General
The rise of eating disorders among young Malaysians

The rise of eating disorders among young Malaysians

Shared by:

Malaysia has now come to a point where not only women but also men are obsessed with being stick thin in order to present the images they deem as desirable.

today.mims.com

4 Sep 2016 - General

Transient body dysmorphic disorder is common in teens as they are in the self-conscious and period of examination. As everyone has discussed, it is the pressure dictated by society that a slender waistline is the ideal body form. It leads the younger...
 (Total 131 words)
Yes, Maria Cristina Inserto the society perception of beauty is always the factor in eating disorders among the youths. “Slim equal to beautiful” is always the messages portrayed in our soc...
 (Total 103 words)
I am quite sure that in Malaysia and in Sri Lanka we both experience near similar eating habits. So what I am going to tell you now might be acceptable for Malaysians as well. In Sri Lanka not like the ancient times eating habits have much deviated ...
 (Total 128 words)
This is quite common and is still happening around the world. Not only Malaysia is this problem but many of the youths from all over the world are doing this in hopes of getting the body shape that they desire. Many are influenced by the fashion indu...
 (Total 125 words)
I think it's really sad how people are being forced to conform with what society defines as beautiful. Take for instance here in the Philippines (and perhaps many countries in Asia), we are naturally brown skinned or fair complexioned, but people...
 (Total 222 words)
It seems like there are quite a significant of population in Malaysia are facing eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. A lot of factors like society perception on certain body look, aggravating by s...
 (Total 108 words)