General
Lesser known factors that increase risk of depression

Lesser known factors that increase risk of depression

Shared by:

People often attribute depression to some major event in a person's life. While these are usual causes, there are lesser known factors that can also raise the risk of becoming depressed.

today.mims.com

4 Sep 2016 - General

Jemelyn Mae Sodusta , psychological exams will uncover personality disorder more than diagnose depression as Marinelle Castro has stated. The major criteria involved with depression is significant loss or event. Your friend might need to visit a psychiatrist for appropriate diagnosis and treatment to prevent self-mutilation and su...
 (Total 110 words)
There are several criteria which are used to diagnose depression described in ICD 10 classification. But there are few circumstances you may not think that they will also deteriorate depressive episodes. Usually in Sri Lanka we do not experience much climate change but in USA few cases are reported as depression in the summer time which is thus called as summer time sadness. Hypothyroidism and mineral deficiencies also cause depression (Vitamin B complexes, Calcium, Zinc, Folic acid, etc...). Ex...
 (Total 114 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta There is a diagnostic criteria for diagnosing these psychiatric disorders. Psychometric tests are not usually designed to diagnose depression, but it may help in uncovering certain personality disorder. Self-destructive behaviors or those who have the tendency to cut themselves when they're problematic is actually common among individuals who have a borderline personality disorder. Major ...
 (Total 126 words)
Personally as a friend i think you should bring him to seek professional help. I would. Even he may not be so close to you but as humans, we should care for one another and not allow such hurt and ideation run through their mind. For a start probably you should ask what is he feeling and what is bothering him. May be it was because he is feeling depress cause his employer did not pay him well, That's okay cause the solution is you as a friend can find him a better paying job. But jokes aside...
 (Total 197 words)
My sister got depressed in high school and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She went to therapy. She transferred schools. She took medication. By the time her therapy was done her doctor said that this is something she will deal with all her life so she needs to know how to gauge her emotions, so she can cope. As family, we're always looking after her (subtly checking her for signs) especially when my dad passed away. She finds ways to cope and we just watch her---she's doing well, I...
 (Total 161 words)
I have a question regarding depression. Is the psyche exam reliable? If you passed the exam, and lets say you're depressed for a day or more and you have this suicidal tendencies, do you consider yourself normal or not? Because i personally know someone who tend to do this. He is really doing something to hurt himself. He once told me that this is the way he copes, but!!! Helloooo. I don't find it good at all and It will never be.

What can you suggest to help the person? If you ...
 (Total 107 words)