General
Cancer Cases In Children Leap By 40% In 16 Years

Cancer Cases In Children Leap By 40% In 16 Years

Shared by:

Experts say the number of UK youngsters diagnosed with cancer has rocketed because of pollution, pesticides and poor diets.

news.sky.com

5 Sep 2016 - General

It is quite common to see cancer in younger adults these days. And all due to the unhealthy diets and all sorts of food intake that is unhealthy. A lot of the cafes that open that attract young adults are usually making unhealthy food and as the influences goes around, many are lured into consuming them. Other then that young adults are now progressing with technologies which save them time from moving their butts off their seats. Example, the motorized two-wheel scooters which is now trending. ...
 (Total 117 words)
All the chemical exposure that we get exposed to has a possible role in carcinogenesis. I'm not sure if anybody here has read the book, "Silent Spring". It's a classical environmental science book written by Rachel Carson in the 1960's and it discusses how the use of pesticides can cause cancer and disruption in ecological science. Its a good book to read because it will make you think twice about using pesticides in your own home. Ironically, Rachel Carson died of complica...
 (Total 138 words)
Yes, the figure presented is quite shocking and sad. With the blooming of a variety of fast food chains or shops, a lot of people will definitely be attracted to the easy and cheap option of dining, especially the young adult population. Those fast foods are high in fat contents, and is very unhealthy option if consumed in a daily or regular basic. This is compound with lack or no exercise among most of the young adult. Such unhealthy lifestyle will not only increase the risk of cancer, but also...
 (Total 126 words)
It is sad. As a resident in UK, I would definitely agree that I see a lot of youngsters engaging in fast food diets, and less exercise. Mcdonalds, Burger King and other well known fast food chains are all over the country. Aside from this, you can also see numerous Chip shops in every town, where they sell Fish and chips, and other junk foods which are not really healthy. I would relate technology why youngsters have lesser exercise nowadays. Instead of being outdoors, run and play in the park,...
 (Total 126 words)

It is quite surprising that the cancer cases in young adult population has increased by 40% in 16 years !!!!! It was speculated that the unhealthy fast food diet (some are potentially carcinogenic) and lack of exercise might the driving factors for the rise of cancer case in this population. Colon cancer which is not a common young adult cancer, has increased by 200%, which is very astonishing. The increasing unhealthy lifestyle among the teenagers may be the contributing factors, but a lot...
 (Total 113 words)