General
Sleep Apnea: A silent killer

Sleep Apnea: A silent killer

Shared by:

Sleep apnea is a fairly dangerous condition because most might not even know about it and treat it as a snoring condition. Often times, clinicians fail to diagnose it properly because it occurs only during sleep and there is no blood test to diagnose it.

today.mims.com

5 Sep 2016 - General

Sleep apnoea is one or more pauses during breathing or shallow breathing. Usually 30 times or below per minute and a pause can last from seconds to minutes. The commonest and the most dangerous apnoea type is obstructive sleep apnoea which is commen ...
 (Total 115 words)
Kathleen Peralta Daytime somnolence and feeling excessively fatigued are both important symptoms of sleep apnea. I think that a patient should seek consult if these symptoms already interf...
 (Total 128 words)
Good stuff. I was about to read up on this and found it here! LOL. Anyway, sleep apnea can happen to anyone. But what decreases your chances are by regular exercises and a healthy & balanced diet. Also, for the smokers who have been smoking for m...
 (Total 114 words)
Patients with Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) will usually have snoring, daytime somnolence, restless sleep, periods of silence terminated by loud snoring, fatigue, poor concentration, nocturnal angina, nocturia, and morning headaches. The risk factors...
 (Total 114 words)
Dr Marinelle Castro, as you've said "People who feel excessively tired during the day even if they had adequate sleeping hours may suffer from this condition." Sometimes peopl...
 (Total 113 words)
I have read that obstructive sleep apnoea in obese people can increase their chance of developing ischemic heart disease. I am not sure if there is a direct relationship between sleep apnoea and heart disease, or is it a concurrent occurrence because...
 (Total 110 words)
Sleep apnea is a serious condition and can be easily diagnosed by the said diagnostics Marinelle Castro has mentioned. People tend to think that we snore because we were overly tired. Class...
 (Total 118 words)
The most important clue that a person may be suffering from sleep apnea is daytime somnolence. People who feel excessively tired during the day even if they had adequate sleeping hours may suffer from this condition. Unfortunately sometimes people th...
 (Total 110 words)