General

Severe Anaemia Secondary to what?

Created by:

6 Sep 2016 - General

I would just like to gather thoughts or opinions about my friend's aunt who has been in and out of the hospital recently. I think she has been in the hospital 6 times for the last 3-4 months and had blood transfusion everytime as HB is low. The only diagnosis that her doctors gave them was severe anemia. There is no active bleeding, had undergone endoscopy, erosions were noted but no other significant findings. What do you think would cause the Aneamia? It is tiring for her aunt's part to keep going in and out, and Im sure you can imagine the stress they are experiencing. She will be due for a colonoscopy in few days as well but appears to be getting weaker and refusing to eat her food lately. :( 

Hi all. I apologise for not being able to update this thread. To end all this, she was diagnosed with Colon Cancer, discharged against medical advise and few days after, passed away. :( Thank you very much for all of your advices, very much appreciat...
 (Total 53 words)
Kathleen Peralta I was thinking of the possibility of blood dyscrasia as well. I wonder if a fecal occult blood test was done. Usually this is a routine procedure with a low hemoglobin coun...
 (Total 112 words)
Kathleen Peralta She has to be worked up for blood dyscrasias, occult tumors or any chronic bleeding source, and chronic medical disease. Just curious if reticulocyte count was done at leas...
 (Total 200 words)
Thank you Dr Ronald Allan Ponteres, but my friend told me that her aunt is already under the care of a hematology consultant but still they were not given definite diagnosis up to now, asid...
 (Total 70 words)