General

Care of your eyes for contact lens user!

Created by:

6 Sep 2016 - General

I have been getting eye infection patients lately and i hope by sharing this we can diseminate the information out to our fellow patients!

Regardless of which care regimen or brands you use, remember:

• Never touch solution bottle tips to any surface, including your body: this can cause contamination of the solution.
  • Avoid getting tap water on your contact lenses and accessories, as it can carry a microorganism called Acanthamoeba that causes serious eye infections.
  • Remember to clean your contact lens accessories (lens case, cleaning/disinfecting devices, enzymatic cleaner vials and so on) as directed.
  • Lens cases should be rinsed with hot tap water and dried when not in use. (Because Acanthamoeba cysts may be present in tap water and can survive for years after drying, some eye doctors recommend using only contact lens disinfecting or multipurpose solution for this step.)
  • Recent studies suggest that wiping your case with a clean tissue and/or placing it upside-down on another clean tissue may be additional good steps in keeping bacteria biofilms off the case. Ask your eye doctor what he or she thinks.
  • Throw out your contact lens case once a month, or as directed, to reduce your risk of infection.

Most importantly, clean and disinfect your contact lenses once a day. If you wear extended wear contacts, clean and disinfect the lenses as soon as you remove them, unless they are designed to be discarded immediately after use. Not only will your eyes be safer and healthier, but your contact lenses will be more comfortable to wear, too.

Alan Rosmadi thank you :) haha. I only have issues with wearing glasses when I watch a movie that requires the use of 3d glasses. I would bring two hair ties to the cinema to tie around the...
 (Total 174 words)
Alan Rosmadi thank you :) haha. I only have issues with wearing glasses when I watch a movie that requires the use of 3d glasses. I would bring two hair ties to the cinema to tie around the...
 (Total 174 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Sorry to hear about your friend and Jennifer Winter yes you look awesome in glasses. haha.. Anyway, i am a...
 (Total 105 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto: oh man! See! Exactly why I don't want to wear contacts. The fear is growing more. Anyway I like the way I look with glasses. My eyesight isn't all too bad. I ...
 (Total 49 words)
Oh yes Jennifer Winter one of the reasons why I am grateful I stopped wearing contacts years ago--my friend (I dunno his history) but he got this weird infection that caused him to be blind...
 (Total 49 words)
I fear using contact lenses because of the increased risk of getting an infection. I know I am highly meticulous and there are contacts which you could dispose after one month's use but I am still quite skeptical about it. I may just try it out s...
 (Total 159 words)
I've stopped using contact lenses for years, but all throughout college, I was a contact lens wearer. I have astigmatism and was prescribed glasses as early as 4th Grade, but I never wore one full time. By the end of Dentistry School I could no l...
 (Total 166 words)