General
Consumption of shark fin products linked to heightened risk of Alzheimer’s disease

Consumption of shark fin products linked to heightened risk of Alzheimer’s disease

Shared by:

As one of the most prevalent forms of dementia in many rapidly developing countries, Alzheimer’s disease greatly affects quality of life. The battle to understand this incurable ailment inches forward with new findings based on shark fin consumption.

today.mims.com

7 Sep 2016 - General

Really? Eating shark fish products like the fin can lead to Alzheimer's disease? Is the shark the only fish with high levels of BMAA? How about eating only the flesh without the fins? Can this lead to Alzheimer's as well? Very soon, will b...
 (Total 95 words)
Shark fish products are very famous in Asian countries but recently researchers have found that it the products of shark fish fin are very unhealthy for human use because it contains a high concentration of neurotoxins. The question arises what is th...
 (Total 148 words)
This is interesting news about the link between Alzheimer's and consuming shark fin. This could then be correlated to the prevalence of Alzheimer's disease in countries where shark fin is popularly consumed. I have yet to see a research on th...
 (Total 179 words)
I have always known that the cartilage and soft tissues of deep sea fish such as sharks contain higher amounts of mercury, but this is the first I've heard of a neurodegenerative chemical found in shark cartilage and fins.

Shark conserv...
 (Total 122 words)