General
Vitamin D supplements may lower risk of severe asthma attacks

Vitamin D supplements may lower risk of severe asthma attacks

Shared by:

A new Cochrane Review suggests vitamin D supplementation - alongside standard treatment - could reduce the likelihood of severe asthma attacks.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

7 Sep 2016 - General

Asthma is a common topic discussed in public because of its high prevalence. Asthma is characterized by airway inflammation, bronchospasms and hypersecretion of the mucus by hyperstimulation of the airway mucus glands. By the way it is interesting to know how this happens. Vitamin D optimizes the immune system and hence decrease the inflammatory process in the airways. So it helps to get the intensity of the attack lower. But it is obvious that Vitamin D can not be used in an emergency. Studies ...
 (Total 102 words)
As what has been mentioned in the article, it needs more research and taking supplementary Vitamin D supplements need precaution. The study could have included respondents that has only low vitamin D which by taking the supplements has improved their condition. However this is also a useful information for those who are asthmatic including myself of course. I get to have shortness of breath most of the time due to my workplace which predispose me more to have frequent attacks. Thus taking this ...
 (Total 110 words)
This new study provides a useful information for patients with asthma. Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways. Medical management included medications, control of environmental allergens such as dust mites and health education to the patients as well as their significant other. Patients with asthma can be managed by appropriately by being well informed of the disease process. Although the study states that it may be beneficial for patients with asthma who has low vitamin D level...
 (Total 124 words)
This is some really useful information. Doctors treat cases of asthma on a daily basis. Some patients suffer from mild intermittent asthma which does not affect greatly on their lifestyle, but the there are those who gets several episodes of moderate to severe asthma per week and their activities of daily living are impaired due to this. Sometimes it is very difficult to achieve control of asthma. So far, use of vitamin is not commonly practiced in treating these patients. But now we can conside...
 (Total 100 words)