General
Lab-on-a-Stick: Cheaper miniaturisation of lab tests set to advance microbiology

Lab-on-a-Stick: Cheaper miniaturisation of lab tests set to advance microbiology

Shared by:

A novel innovation to lab tests utilises a dipstick method with a transparent microcapillary film suitable for detection by the naked eye or measurement with portable equipment such as a smartphone camera.

today.mims.com

8 Sep 2016 - General

Jennifer Winter Yes, I agree that empirical data does help in most all situations, as this is what many physicians and health professionals base diagnoses on. And this is understandable, si...
 (Total 152 words)
Yes. This will definitely be good for missions. It will up the level of care that can be given because you tests can be carried out in the field. It is highly portable, so it can be packed easily, so it will really have good applications in the field...
 (Total 116 words)
Going through the article I cannot help but hear the voice of an Apple developer saying "We brought you the same technology but in a smaller device." :D I am happy about this innovation. Now we can easily perform these tests during home vis...
 (Total 164 words)
This is interesting; I wonder if anybody has any experience about this? What kinds of bacteria aside from E. coli can be detected using this method? Are there any qualifications in order to perform this? What is the sensitivity and specificity of thi...
 (Total 88 words)
This breakthrough innovation can be enormously helpful, especially in developing countries who have areas where microbial testing facilities are unavailable. In rural areas here in the Philippines, a lot of people do not have access to efficient heal...
 (Total 120 words)