General
Nurses: 5 simple ways to benefit from meditation

Nurses: 5 simple ways to benefit from meditation

Shared by:

More working nurses are finding the need to engage in mind-body practices to decrease stress levels and improve their overall health and wellbeing in the face of increasing job demands. Here's how to get started.

today.mims.com

8 Sep 2016 - General

Leothel Elysse Mayores haha, maybe what you really needed is a nap? Hihi. Or maybe meditation was too effective for you :D Have you tried focusing instead on your breathing? Do deep breathing and just think about the movement of your breath in and out of your lungs. :) I don't know if this helps combat falling asleep, but it's worth a try though. ...
 (Total 190 words)
Meditating or committing to a regular quiet time is a struggle for me. Either I'm still feeling too sleepy in the morning or too tired, in the evening, so I fail. I believe it is important for us to spend quality quiet time to meditate on a daily basis, though. Especially with the stress and the weight of problems/realities that we face whether in our personal lives and/or professional lives, a good balance may be achieved with meditation. I mean, you do not even have to devote so much time ...
 (Total 132 words)
Among all the meditatation techniques, the one with most studies would be mindfulness meditation. Because of its benefits, there are three therapies thats based on mindfulness meditation: 1) zen meditation - most commonly used, wherein practitioners have full awareness of their breathing. 2) Mindfulness based stress reduction - this involves yoga, strategies to cope with stressful situations combined with mindfulness meditation. 3) Mindfulness based cognitive therapu - combination of mindfulness...
 (Total 127 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan: I agree. This can be applied to any health care professional. The article stated, "However, it is the way we react to these daily stressors that greatly impacts overall health and happiness. ", meditation is a good way to help us achieve this overall health happiness. I have only tried yoga as it encourages you to clear your mind as well and the end of the session when you c...
 (Total 166 words)
We had a home work last year instructing us to meditate for 5 minutes for one week. We are to clear our minds and let go of the things that pressure us. The first session was with our professor, prompting and cuing us on what to do, and what to imagine. The rest we are to do independently. Day one, I tried, I really tried, but three minutes into the mediation, I feel asleep! I kept trying, but I always fell asleep. Oh well, I have other relaxation activities, but I guess mediation is just not fo...
 (Total 113 words)
I think such tips are not only for nurses, but for everyone within and outside the health care profession. Meditation can be as simple as taking a short break, sitting still and doing deep breathing exercises. Taking a short time to do meditation at the start of your day or even in between our busy work routines can greatly help rejuvenate the mind and decrease our body’s stress levels. Personally, I have tried doing meditation in the morning and it seems to help me be more in tune with myself t...
 (Total 141 words)