General
Stem cell therapy restores arm, hand movement for paralyzed man

Stem cell therapy restores arm, hand movement for paralyzed man

Shared by:

A man left paralyzed from a spinal cord injury has regained movement in his arms and hands as a result of a novel stem cell treatment.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

9 Sep 2016 - General

Crafty innovation by doctors who used oligodendrocyte progenitor cells (OPCs) to promote re-myelination of damaged nerves. This one is something unheard of before. I have one reservation about the case study though. The patient is 21-years old. Neuro...
 (Total 123 words)
From being permanently paralyzed to being able to use ones arms and hands?? Wow! This is good news that it works well to Kris. Restoring that level of function could significantly improve the daily lives of patients with severe spinal injuries. As wh...
 (Total 98 words)
This is a huge breakthrough and a big step forward. This will be one of the most important turning points in the medical history I suppose. After the successful use of exoskeleton to regain mobility for those were thought permanently paralyzed due to...
 (Total 112 words)
This is a huge breakthrough and a big step forward. This will be one of the most important turning points in the medical history I suppose. After the successful use of exoskeleton to regain mobility for those were thought permanently paralyzed due to...
 (Total 112 words)
I am really astonished to go through the news that stem cell treatment is helpful in regaining the use of paralyzed arms and hands. The patient has got the worst car accident, therefore, suffered from severe trauma to cervical spines that result in n...
 (Total 146 words)