General
Malaysia debates over legalisation of abortion for Zika-linked microcephaly foetuses

Malaysia debates over legalisation of abortion for Zika-linked microcephaly foetuses

Shared by:

After a top mufti stated that Islam allows for abortions in cases of pregnant woman infected with Zika, but the Health Minister urged the mufti to ensure his stance has the consensus of other religious leaders.

today.mims.com

10 Sep 2016 - General

Yes, Maria Cristina, it is really very delicate discussion threads. There are two points of views or two schools of thoughts about it. Firstly I will talk about mother’s point of view. Being a mother it is the hardest thing on the earth to think about the child to abort as it is your part and it is too hard to remove your body part both physically and mentally. Secondly, when we think about the child who has microcephaly, it is equally difficult to see your child having abnormalities. There are ...
 (Total 135 words)
Oh, this is such a delicate thing to consider. I want to look at this, as if I am a mother and was given the bad news. Almost automatic, parents prioritize the health of their child(ren) and while Zika not so threatening, despite the attention and hype about it, it is a different case with a pregnant woman because there is a fetus involved. If I were an infected pregnant woman, I would immediately be thinking probabilities and it will kill me. Statistics wont help me either---to tell me that onl...
 (Total 248 words)