General
Nearly a million people that don't have coeliac disease are going gluten-free

Nearly a million people that don't have coeliac disease are going gluten-free

Shared by:

Over recent years, the number of people following a gluten-free diet has more than tripled, a new study has found, though the rates of coeliac disease - which causes gluten intolerance - have remained the same.

www.sciencealert.com

11 Sep 2016 - General

I think that health sectors worldwide should intensify testing for gluten sensitivity testing. Doing so would spare more people from plunging into unnecessary gluten-free diet. This has become a food fad of sorts lately as I notice attractive gluten-free signs in the groceries and food bazaars. This is a misleading promotion and I am worried with the public's avoidance of gluten-containing foods, mainly carbohydrates, that could lead to nutritional deficiency and use of secondary sources of ...
 (Total 108 words)
Gluten free diet is the treatment/management for patient who are suffering from coeliac disease. Some cohort of people who are non-coeliac gluten intolerance/sensitivity will get the benefit of avoidance of gluten. But, everyone else apart from those 2 cohort of people should be able to ingest gluten diet without any adverse health consequences. It seems like some perceptions of gluten free diet can make people stay healthy, or to help to lose weight, or to feel well in general are the reason be...
 (Total 114 words)
Are you also one of these guys who stay gluten free because it is the 'new trend' or you believe that it is going to make you 'healthier'? Just joking :D I know health professionals know what to have and what to avoid. Gluten intolerance is seen in patients with coeliac disease which is an autoimmune disorder affecting intestine and cause discomforting gastrointestinal symptoms such as chronic diarrhoea, abdominal distention, loss of appetite. But in the united states this is di...
 (Total 114 words)