General
Many dental care practises are likely unnecessary

Many dental care practises are likely unnecessary

Shared by:

A review of the everyday tooth and gum care guidelines that dentists and oral hygiene experts have advocated for years found that while some of these practises are crucial, many are not actually needed.

today.mims.com

11 Sep 2016 - General

Hi Dr. Inserto, I am ever so grateful with the information you have shared with us. However, I've got one more question and I think you might have missed to read it in my previous post or shall I say a lengthy post. :) As mentioned previously, it...
 (Total 116 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Thank you for the invaluable contribution on this topic. Something just caught my eye. "Avoid toothpicks" My wife and I usually ask for one especially if we ...
 (Total 118 words)
Here in the Philippines dentists do not require annual dental xrays, but in other countries, it's the first thing you get asked for. Either you get a panoramic radiograph or the dentist will do a full mouth xray with a periapical radiograph. As p...
 (Total 305 words)
In the scientific world, the absence of proof is not a proof on its own. Having said that, to conclude that twice a year preventive dental visits and the use of bonded amalgams are ineffective would be inaccurate. Perhaps evidence is lacking because ...
 (Total 120 words)
I was going to tag our dentist in the house as well, but looks like Dr. Mark already did. As I was reading through the article, it did mention about Fluoride several times, and fluoridation of water has been mentioned to be one of the best oral healt...
 (Total 149 words)
You Yi Hong Also, tongue brushing was not mentioned in the study. I think that dentists recommend x-ray to rule out any bony abnormalities just like doctors do when ruling out fracture as a...
 (Total 112 words)
Sometimes, too many unnecessary interventions will only increase the costs, without any proven benefit. As this article has pointed out, proper brushing of the teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, with dental visit once a year are suf...
 (Total 136 words)