General
Doctors in movies: The good, the jaded and the tired

Doctors in movies: The good, the jaded and the tired

Shared by:

Doctors are a tricky bunch to portray in movies. Sometimes, the dialogue consists of imaginary diseases and imaginary cures, and curiously Hollywood likes churning out horror films with doctors doing indescribable things with human bodies. Here we have a list of the silver screen’s portrayal of non-psychotic doctors, each probably familiar to us in some way in real life.

today.mims.com

12 Sep 2016 - General

Jennifer Winter Oh yes, those scenes I definitely remember! I also loved the one when he was in the children's ward and put on the red clown nose to cheer them up! :D Mark Edmon Tan "Monday Mornings" seems interesting; must be good if two doctors ehre recommend it! :) I will try to check if I can find the downloadabl...
 (Total 63 words)
Jennifer Winter Glad to know that there is a fellow doctor who watched Monday Mornings too! It was unlike any of the mainstream sitcoms. It depicts the hospital as brutally meticulous with little room for error. I remember an episode where chief admonishes someone because the patient had anosmia as a complication of a surgical procedure by Dr. Ridgeway ( I think). Chief asks what her patient's occupation was ...
 (Total 143 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan: Patch Adams is definitely a very iconic doctor. I loved how he helped the angry man dying from cancer accept his death. I loved that scene when he came in and gave all the different terms for dying like "kick the bucket" and they began having an exchange of terms. Then the final other term for dying was when Patch Adams said "and when you die I have somewhere to park my...
 (Total 179 words)
"You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a patient, you win no matter what the outcome." This is the line that stuck in my head with the movie Patch Adams. This is quite a heart-warming movie for any person. You could just tell that Dr. Adams had tremendous passion with his craft. God bless Robin Williams' soul for his exceptional acting. I have watched a certain series that never caught on with the general public called Monday Mornings. It only lasted for a season due to...
 (Total 116 words)
I'm not a doctor, but nonetheless it's great to hear about movies having health care professionals in them that we can somehow relate to. I went over the list in this article, though I have only watched one of the films mentioned - Patch Adams - which remains to be one of my all-time favorite movies. No matter how often I watch it (as I showed it to some of my previous Health Care students), I still get teary-eyed at certain points in the movie. A plus that Robin Williams, one of my all-...
 (Total 125 words)