General
Extending primary care hours could lower emergency department visits

Extending primary care hours could lower emergency department visits

Shared by:

Extending primary care access outside of working hours may reduce emergency department visits but may not be cost-saving to the health services as a whole, suggests a recent study.

specialty.mims.com

12 Sep 2016 - General

I'm not sure if this will work because waiting hours for primary care facilities or clinics usually have a long waiting time. In this day and age, nobody is willing to wait for a consult. Most people come to the ER, even if its not an emergent ca...
 (Total 118 words)
I would love to say yes to extending hours for access to extending primary care service hours but there is a lingering question. Can we sustain it? Asian countries are already understaffed with healthcare workers. I feel that we cannot sustain this k...
 (Total 161 words)
As what i have noticed, working whether in a public or private institution we can never skip the agony of waiting. Prioritization is always on top on how to cater the needs of patients. However, if primary care hours will be extended in our country, ...
 (Total 142 words)
I would agree that extending primary care hours will be a brilliant idea for the healthcare sector, by reducing the waiting time for patients attending emergency department out of hours. With accessible out of hours primary care service, patients wil...
 (Total 118 words)
Waiting times are getting longer and longer and people getting impatient/ taken for granted as not being seen promptly. Emergency care is meant for emergencies and sometimes waiting and sitting outside can be frustrating. Would extending primary care...
 (Total 100 words)