General
Watching TV Works Fast To Up Kids' Obesity Risk

Watching TV Works Fast To Up Kids' Obesity Risk

Shared by:

TV creates young couch potatoes, and a new study finds it also puts them at risk for obesity.

www.medicaldaily.com

12 Sep 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto That is absolutely true. Children mimic what their parents routinely do and they become couch potatoes if they see their role models do the same. I think our generatio...
 (Total 118 words)
Marinelle Castro Indeed. Everything that can cause the kids to be sedentary should be limited. Even playing video games should not be encouraged. I heard some people say that it improves ey...
 (Total 116 words)
Basically, the formative years of a child should be given much attention to by parents/guardians. A child who is already living a sedentary lifestyle at a young age is worrisome because he can bring this awful habit with him as he grows older. I did ...
 (Total 141 words)
I think this is not only limited to TV, but to ipads and computers as well. Kids these days rarely engage in active play, which is such a loss. The fondest memories that I have as a kid are whenever I would play with my brother. Although there's ...
 (Total 116 words)
Tahira Nawaz Great point on mentioning the potential complications of inactivity. The youngest child to be diagnosed with juvenile diabetes mellitus is 3 years old. A sedentary lifestyle at...
 (Total 113 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama I agree with your statement that relying on tablets and other gadgets would steal precious childhood memories away from this generation. I remember the time when wat...
 (Total 116 words)
NICE; it is absolutely very informative research for both children and their parents. Television is considered as an educational, learning and entertainment tool but the researchers have found a new link between obesity and television. The children w...
 (Total 111 words)
Addiction to TV is a huge problem in the new young generation. I remember when I was a kid, my parents controlled what me and my sister were allowed to see. For a day we were allowed to watch cartoons for only 30 minutes. It didn't feel like very...
 (Total 119 words)
The numbers are out for TV viewing recommendation. Children less than 2 years old should not watch television at all. Children aged 2-5 years old should only watch TV for a maximum of 2 hours per day. The consequences are quite alarming as those chil...
 (Total 148 words)