General
Malaysia's MOH warns against obtaining fake braces from illegal dental practitioners

Malaysia's MOH warns against obtaining fake braces from illegal dental practitioners

Shared by:

The director-general of health has warned against seeking illegal dental brace placement services to avoid health risks such as HIV virus infections and hepatitis due to the lack of equipment disinfection.

today.mims.com

13 Sep 2016 - General

Oh I posted about this way back. I have a blog post that aims to educate people about the dangers of DIY braces. I have encountered one patient with DIY braces and it pained me so much. I tried my best to warn her of the dangers but I do not know what she did after she left (she was just an APE patient). Anyway, I the Philippine Dental Association could be as vigilant as Malaysia's MOH because we have this problem too. Many patients think that orthodontics is just about putting rubbers on wi...
 (Total 138 words)
I have to agree with the quotation on how southeast asian view of having braces as a symbol of fashion, luxury and status. Some people really obtain their braces from illegal practitioners especially those who are still studying in college offering half the price of those with legal doctors. They low quality materials and low paid labor fees. I hope that having fake braces have this kind of censors upon entering Malaysia or other countries who does not tolerate this illegal act. What I mean is t...
 (Total 133 words)