General
Changing Face of Science: The Psychology of Face Transplants

Changing Face of Science: The Psychology of Face Transplants

Shared by:

For patients, getting a face transplant is unlike getting any other type of transplant. With every glance in the mirror, the complicated psychology of self-identity is involved.

www.livescience.com

13 Sep 2016 - General

The reason why I aspire to be a plastic surgeon, is this. There is a social stigma surrounding plastic surgeons that all they do is spoil vanities of patients who can afford such procedures. But as what I would always say to other people, "When ...
 (Total 95 words)
Thanks for sharing your experience Maria Cristina Inserto Traumatic injuries or illnesses that cause disfiguring scars really have psychological effects to patients. These consequences to me...
 (Total 154 words)
The big dilemma with this is that in cases of face transplants patients are dealing with the physical, emotional, mental and social trauma brought about by the injury or disfigurement---and then they have to deal with the challenge of owning a new ap...
 (Total 202 words)
When I was a medical clerk, I remember that we have this patient who has been staying in the ward for two years. She has a very aggressive form of basal cell carcinoma, which basically invaded into subcutaneous and cartilaganous tissue. Basically she...
 (Total 127 words)