General
Freezing out breast cancer with cryotherapy

Freezing out breast cancer with cryotherapy

Shared by:

A team of researchers have developed a reusable cryotherapy prototype device that can potentially treat breast cancer by freezing out tumour cells.

today.mims.com

14 Sep 2016 - General

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women like ovarian cancer and it has been treated with chemotherapeutic agents and radiation in developing countries. But it is great news indeed that breast cancer can also be treated with Cryotherapy. Cryotherapy is freezing and killing of tumor cells by extreme cold. It is new treatment established for breast cancer, therefore, it is uncommon currently. As Pharmacist Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan has mentioned we aren’t confirmed about the effectivene...
 (Total 116 words)
I’ve heard about cryotherapy but I didn’t know that it could be used to treat breast cancer. Truly, this is one amazing discovery, especially since it can be made accessible to areas like South Africa where cancer treatments may be rare and very costly. I’m just wondering, are their risks for such a procedure? Are their any adverse effects? Are their special precautionary measures needed before the procedure? What would be the success rate for this? If it proves successful and less harmful compa...
 (Total 107 words)