General
Myth or fact: Burning calories and losing weight with Pokemon Go

Myth or fact: Burning calories and losing weight with Pokemon Go

Shared by:

How many calories can we burn in one session of Pokemon Go? Can we actually lose weight by playing the pop culture craze or is that mere wishful thinking?

today.mims.com

14 Sep 2016 - General

I hope the developers prevent gamers from being able to catch Pokemons while driving in order to force people to walk. I would say that it is a good game to increase burned calories daily but it is still in the light activity category. The game encourages movement but it does not necessarily convert gamers to heave a healthy lifestyle. I really some perils in people walking while playing pokemon go in the streets. My verdict on this topic is that Pokemon is a good adjunct to regular exercise. Ho...
 (Total 145 words)
An Chau Haha what a good suggestion to improve the application. I like it when you say they should acknowledge running to gain more CP! Well you are right sooner or later this application will lose its fame and gamers will no longer be interested as to because a greater one will replace it. Jemelyn Mae Sodusta I was jut curious. P...
 (Total 145 words)
As anti as we tend to be about Pokemon Go.. Lets face it! It has had a huge effect on the world - both good and bad! The good is it has definitely gotten its users outdoors and walking (sometimes running! I have seen a group run down the street to get that Snorlax!). I hate to generalise, but gamers do tend to live a more sedentary lifestyle than non-gamers so an app that forces you to walk around to level up doesn't sound so bad. If they really wanted to promote Pokemon Go as a fat burner, ...
 (Total 197 words)
You tried playing this Priscilla? Haha I was surprised! This is not your thing. Lol I find it funny seeing people playing pokemon go. No offense for players. It is just meant for entertainment but not to make it control your life over. Just like what Albert Einstein said: "I fear the day when technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will just have a generation of idiots." Yes lets say finding pokemon can actually help you losing extra weight but haven't you think about the ...
 (Total 129 words)
Its really a terrible scenario if the only thing that would encourage kids (and adults) to walk around is through addiction with an online game. Don't get me wrong, I also like playing online/ computer games. But I am not addicted enough to lose control of other aspects of my life. I don't think that encouraging the use of Pokemon Go as a means of preventing a sedentary lifestyle is a good idea. Just like any other game, soon this game will lose its popularity, and if it does, people wil...
 (Total 124 words)
Here you go the ever famous application for all ages, Pokemon Go! This has been so phenomenal and everybody's getting crazy with this. Seriously I don't see any advantage in using this application, for me it's like wasting my time soaking my eyes to radiation if my only goal is to lose weight of whatever. Of course, it also gives us entertainment. However what the article would say is all about whether players using this application tend to lose weight due to most likely their physic...
 (Total 178 words)