General
Pharmacists: Do you know the differences between pharmaceutical syrups and suspensions?

Pharmacists: Do you know the differences between pharmaceutical syrups and suspensions?

Shared by:

Not all pharmaceutical syrups are created equal. It is critical that pharmacists understand the differences to properly educate their patients.

today.mims.com

15 Sep 2016 - General

While these differences between a syrup and suspension are probably quite commonly known to pharmacists, how much of it is known to the patients and how often do pharmacists emphasise the necessity of shaking the bottles of suspensions before consumi...
 (Total 113 words)
There are two types of drug preparations which are administered in liquid state which are syrups and suspensions. In syrups the drug is completely dissolved in the fluid and in suspensions the drug is not completely dissolved. Suspension has a carrie...
 (Total 102 words)
Oohh! Reading this article, I was transported back to our university classroom learning about various dosage forms and drug delivery systems. Formulating the various dosage forms soon became one of the more interesting topics for me. I think that eve...
 (Total 178 words)
Yes, Jemar Nicdao it is really very informative topic but being a pharmacist we are very familiar with these terms. I remember when I was in the first semester of Pharm-D, we had a subject dosage form that was all about liquid, solid and other dosage...
 (Total 125 words)
Before this article I knew nothing about pharmaceutical syrups and suspensions, except that my mother used to force my younger self to take it when I'm feeling unwell.

Now I know the difference. I like how simple the article differentiat...
 (Total 45 words)