General
Killing one to save another: Ethical and medical challenges in conjoined twin births

Killing one to save another: Ethical and medical challenges in conjoined twin births

Shared by:

Conjoined twins have a very low estimated survival rate of not more than half surpassing the first day, and only 5% to 25% living beyond that.

today.mims.com

15 Sep 2016 - General

Yes indeed, Rajinda Asalage, it is their fate. And what a remarkable experience. So the twins are alive and separate ...
 (Total 134 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Yes, both of them are still alive. They are already 6 years old and they're beginning to develop some expected complications. Because their both cranial compart...
 (Total 142 words)
Conjined twins: not a soft topic to discuss. That is their fate. They can be joined at several levels. By the chest, abdomen, base of the spine, whole length of the spine, pelvis, trunk, head, head and chest are the usual regions of the joint. Surgic...
 (Total 113 words)
Marinelle Castro Thanks for sharing your experience. I myself have not been in such a situation, but I can understand, as doctors who play the role of god in such instances to decide their ...
 (Total 113 words)
I only had one experience with conjoined twins, specifically total craniopagus twins. This is a rare condition with less then 50 documented cases worldwide. We were requested to perform separation surgery. We formed a multidisciplinary team involving...
 (Total 157 words)