General

How does alcohol affect your blood sugar level?

Created by:

17 Sep 2016 - General

Alcohol is formed by the fermentation of sugar. It is classified as a depressant and a sedative hypnotic drug. It is rapidly absorbed by the stomach and gives it's effects almost all the organs immediately. Alcohol consumption is very prevalent all over the world and hence it has become a famous topic to discuss. How does it affect the blood sugar level. It directly increases the sugar level and decrease the sensitivity of insulin. In patients with chronic liver disease due to alcohol may present with glucose intolerance or diabetes. Not only increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes, it addresses all aspect of life. So it is better if you tolerate it or quit it.

It has been a long time that drinking with my friends after a tiring shift in the call center to hang out to some others house and drink until sun rise. When I use to work in the hospital, most pm shifts we get to go out and drink as much as we could...
 (Total 154 words)
Most people consume alcohol on special occasions and some do it on a weekly basis. I know people who do it almost daily. But after knowing all who have failed and eventually died due to chronic renal failure due to alcohol, people tend to be ignorant...
 (Total 114 words)
Beer makes you fat! This was something brought up by a non medical friend of mine at the dinner table just today. And then I had to explain to them this happens and how much sugar, carbohydrates and calorie is in one glass of beer that we take althou...
 (Total 105 words)