General
The challenge of patients over-relying on medical websites and how to advise them

The challenge of patients over-relying on medical websites and how to advise them

Shared by:

While the wide range of healthcare information online allows patients to be more informed about their health, doctors are often at odds with how to handle the resulting panic bells that sound for many Google-obsessed patients.

today.mims.com

19 Sep 2016 - General

You know what, two years ago I had a developed a rash on my eyebrow. Initially I thought it was a pimple and so I pricked it like I would some pimples and then instead of it drying it, I noticed it getting bigger and then forming blisters. I got nerv...
 (Total 225 words)
This is a difficult challenge for the medical community. In this day and age, there's just too much available information and the danger of being misinformed is just around the corner. As my mentor always warns, "Little knowledge is dangerou...
 (Total 191 words)
"However, it is equally undeniable that well-informed patients do make doctors’ life much easier and their mission of having a better informed patient for decision making more effective."- Yes I agree that a patient who is well informed is ...
 (Total 176 words)
I could not emphasize the importance of this matter to Filipinos. It is no secret that one of the reasons why Filipinos tend to self-diagnose and self-medicate is because of lack of budget for healthcare. While self-diagnosis and medication are not t...
 (Total 99 words)